Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Almost Mandatory Thanksgiving Blog

I'm pretty sure this type of post is virtually mandatory for any blogger, but here it goes. Short and sweet (I know, astonishing) but to the point. Things I'm thankful for in 2011. In no particular order, other than the first two:

1. Family
2. Cinn
3. Childhood friends that have come back into my life such that I'm now not sure how they were ever were out of it.
4. Those that realize my true potential, and aren't afraid to tell me or others how great and impressive they think I am. Those that are willing to fight with me, or for me.
5. Modern science's ability to create medication. Those that know me well enough understand this.
6. My twitter travel family. Seriously - they're there for me more than most people I knew IRL, and some have now become IRL friends and even mentors.
7. My two best friends who basically are family. You know who you are, I hope. If you don't, here's a hint: COx2.
8. The fact that I finally realize my full potential even when others don't, and that I am finally willing to fight for it.
9. The fact that the idea of picking up and changing almost everything in my life only slightly frightens me instead of completely terrifies. The probability of this action item still remains the be seen, though I'll hopefully make this decision in the next couple of months.
10. My only slightly faltering belief in Karma. The fact that after all the sh*t I've been through, I still try so hard to believe I'll get what I deserve eventually, and that I still believe that if I make others a very high priority, that this will some day come back to me. Though, I'd happily give karma a little nudge in the right direction.

There are smaller things I could add, but I like round numbers and 10 is among the best of those. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for?

PS those of you that are on this list (you should know it), mind if I put a picture of you in here to spice it up? Don't like to add pics without permission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment