Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Little "About Your Blogger"

If you've been reading my blog for any length of time, or really at all, you've probably gotten a pretty good sense of who I am in relationship to the major things going on in my life, the journey I'm taking, and the like. But it was suggested by a fellow blogger to do  a "fun facts" blog, to let readers know learn a some random information about myself. I'm a huge fan of fun facts, and I thought I'd grab ahold of this idea. So, without further adieu, in no particular order, here you go.

  • My favorite color is orange. Because it's vibrant and a bit quirky, like myself.
  • My favorite quote: "Be yourself. No one can say you're doing it wrong." ~Charles M. Schultz
  • My favorite cartoon as a kid was Thundercats. Scooby Doo was a household favorite too. 
  • If I could meet anyone it be the Dalai Lama.
  • My favorite destinations are currently Botswana, Jordan, and New Zealand (it's a three-way tie).
  • A fun/embarrassing memory: I once had the song Baby Got Back dedicated to me at a wedding in front of over 100 people. For the record, I thought it was hysterical. 
  • If I could go back in time, I'd go to the roaring 20s or Tudor England.  Everyone tells me I'd fit well in the 20s. I think it's my haircut, personally. And I have a slight (read: major) fascination with the Tudors, especially the wives of Henry VIII and Lady Jane Grey.
  • My guilty pleasure is "going back" to my childhood by doing fun kid-like things...playing games, building forts, stomping through puddles, staying up to watch a storm, camping out in the living room, doing scavenger hunts, etc.  I feel it's so good for the soul.
  • In sixth grade, we had "invention fair" for science. My friend and I won first prize creating a "dish dryer" made out of plexiglass and a hair dryer. This was (I believe) before dishwashers had the auto dry feature. Also, my family didn't hav a dishwasher so I thought the dish dryer was pretty ingenious.
  • Someone asked me my favorite fictional character (besides the Thundercats). Basically every character from every Jane Austin novel came to mind. I especially like Emma - not because she's overly like-able, but because she wants to find love for everyone else, neglecting herself in this pursuit, only to realize in the end that she needed it all along, probably most of everyone.

Want to know more interesting trivia ? Just ask me - I'm happy to answer! And now, a few completely random pictures of me, just for fun.

   


No comments:

Post a Comment