Tuesday, November 15, 2016

A Shout Out of Thanks

HAWMC Day 15: Time to spread the love. Shout out all your favorite  HA’s! Make sure to share a few sentences explaining just how grateful you are for them.


Once again, I'm going to break the rules a little. I feel like we just did this with the social media lists. So instead, I'm going to do a thank you to HAs, as well as those who read and support my advocacy work, and me. So without further adieu, here we go. A huge thank you to: 

  • All of the other health advocates there, mental health and otherwise, who have made me feel like a welcome part of the community. It's so wonderful to have others who are as passionate about getting our message to others and eliminating stigma. 
  • Those friends I've made through my advocacy work, whether advocates themselves or who battle similar conditions and have reached out. I now forget that so many of us have never even met in person, we've become that close. You are amazing people. 
  • Those who have read my posts, tweets, statuses about mental health and replied/reached out/commened or contacted me privately to let me know that they too struggle with the things I'm sharing. This keeps me going with my efforts when I sometimes get discouraged. 
  • Anyone who has ever reached out to encourage me, to tell me that I've helped them even in the smallest way, to tell me to keep doing what I'm doing. Whether they themselves battle or are just offering me encouragement and thanks for what I do, they too keep me going. 
  • Everyone in the Mood Support Facebook group that I started. You are all so amazing. So often when I don't know where to turn, I turn to you all. You help me, and so many others, on a regular, even daily basis. And a special shout out to my co-admin of the group, who I'm not naming as I've not had the change to ask her permission, but she knows who she is! 
  • Everyone who has donated to or in other ways supported my Overnight Walk for Suicide Prevention each year. Because of your generosity and support, I'm able to participate in this amazing event to help stop suicide. 
  • All of the friends and family (and pets!) who have supported me throughout my journey. I truly wouldn't be here without you. 
Thank you all. You help me every single day. Please keep it up. You mean the world to me, and to others struggling with mental health and chronic illness who are hoping to make a difference or just need to hear that they're not alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment