Friday, November 4, 2016

If You Had One Super Power What Would It Be?

HAWMC Day 6:  Superpower Sunday! If you had one super power - what would it be? How would you use it? 

This is an easy one. Teleportation. Why? Well, personally, I love to travel. But I don't love planes, I get sea sick, and I can get motion sick on a train or car if the conditions are right (wrong). Nor do I love the price of many of these modes of travel. And teleportation, assuming it was free since it was a power I had, would solve this. I could see more places in less time and not have to pay for the travel to and from. Perfection! 

Speaking from the health advocate end, there would be several advantages. I've made a lot friends through my advocacy work and my blog that live all over the country and the world. Many of them I talk to daily or weekly and yet we've never met. We've become friends, not only in the health advocacy world but in life. I often forget how we got to know each other and that we've never actually met in person.  How amazing would it be to be able to be able to visit all of them? 

Similarly, because of my blogging and the mood disorders Facebook group that I run, I have a lot of people reaching out to me privately about things that they're going through. So often they feel alone, and just need someone there who understands and empathizes with what they're going through, so they don't have to feel so isolated. There are so many times that it would be great to say "let's go grab a coffee or a tea and talk." But I can't, because logistically we're no where near each other. 

I'm a wandering soul and a restless spirit. I don't do well held down, confined by budget and time constraints and all of that. I need to be able to explore.  Teleportation would give me that. But I want the straight teleport from here to there kind, not the Harry Potter kind where you have to fly through a chimney or whatever - I'm way too claustrophobic for that. My anxiety would never allow it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment