Thursday, November 10, 2016

Yahoo Answers Day

HAWMC Day 11:  Yahoo Answers Post – Pretend you are writing a question about your condition – it can be as silly or humorous as you want. Now answer it.  (Remember: Your answer can be just as silly)

Question: Can someone with cyclothymia be normal?

Answer: The definition of normal is as follows: conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected. Wow, that sounds pretty freakin' boring. Typical? Expected? It sounds like it's describing a bodily function not a human being and their life. I mean, I do things that other people do - work, hang out with friends and family, read, write, grab coffee at a coffee shop, etc. I feel fine some days. There are days I'm not depressed or hypomanic, where my anxiety isn't to bad. I'm in a relationship. I interact with people when I need to. I can take care of myself. Is that what you mean by normal? If so, then sure. Happens all the time. But frankly that's life, and it's different for everyone. There's not really a standard. Geez that would be terrible, if you had to fit one giant mold that was "out there', defined as standard. Bleh. No thanks. I did see a "normal" setting on my dryer the other day when doing laundry. But that, my friend, is probably the only "normal" we should look for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment