Here's how it went down. I woke up after getting an astonishingly good amount of sleep (hours wise), despite bizarre and not so great dreams. I can't remember the last time I actually slept until 8 AM. As I got up, I felt a bit like super woman. Let me say this: feeling empowered for me is not at all limited to hypomanic episodes. I have been feeling that way more and more lately - it's usually related to feeling in control - and I attribute it to increasing confidence. Sometimes, however, it's not the overall feeling that leads me to realize I'm hypomanic, but the thoughts that creep through my brain. Here's the difference: when I feel like "yes, I can do this, I'm going to get over this fear/move on from this bad situation/get through this difficult activity/etc" that's feeling empowered normally. When I think I can do 200 tasks in the next hour, that's generally hypomanic.
Below are the thoughts that went through my head when I got up. Please keep in mind, this is not my normal writing style, as I'm sure you can tell. I'm literally writing it the manner that it was running through my brain, with the parentheses as a bit of commentary for both the reader and myself, as I look back at the thoughts now.
- I need to fold my laundry and put it away (Ok, that's normal, it's been sitting out for a day or so.)
- I should really go through my closet and sort through the things I want to donate (I do need to)
- I have that "under the bed shoe organizer" that I could really make use of but haven't yet, I should do that when I got through my closet (now we're adding on tasks).
- My jeans really weren't fitting well last night - I think I'll commit to walking at least several miles a day plus get back to the gym. Maybe I'll get up and go now. Or maybe I'll walk to CVS because I need cold medicine. That'll be almost two miles round trip. (see how my thoughts are starting to race slightly).
- I also need to eat healthy to lose that weight that's preventing my jeans from fitting. I'll make a list of meals for the week and get to whole foods. Then I started going through all of the meal options in my head.
- I should do some abs. Maybe I'll get up and do them now (Another thing to do "right now").
- I need to do my two blogs today.
- I need to write that article today as well.
- I need to deal with my finances. I pay myself on this date, then I can pay this bill on this date, this bill on this date, that bill on that date, and so on.
- (Back to the weight loss) If I can get up every day this week and do xyz workout, then I need to add in some abs and weights. I should make goals for each week and record daily.
- I felt better when I was meditating and journaling every day. I wonder if meditation helps with weight loss? I was also more stressed when I dropped all that weight, but being stressed isn't a good way to lose weight - don't want that!
- I was going to go to the cafe for breakfast but I'm going to brunch tomorrow so maybe I should eat breakfast here, because it's healthier and saves money, but I could always just get coffee there and do some work from there. That's a good compromise.
- Oh, Cinn's out of dog food, I have to go get that.
- I have to call the vet to schedule Cinn's booster shots and the doctor to schedule my annual exam. I'll put that on my "to do" reminder list right now. (I did put it on my list).
- I have to mail out those client documents. I wonder if that client got back to me about my email. I don't normally work on Saturday mornings but I bet I can get those details done for them if they replied.
- I have to call maintenance about that leak in the ceiling, it's still there and they've done nothing!