One of the things that I've learned about myself is that very quirky things come into my brain that I can't really understand, but for whatever reason they fascinate me. I think this is part of that creativity and imagination that's struggling to come out of me, which I discussed in my blog Restless Creativity a week or so ago. I'll admit, sometimes I "steal" these sayings from Pinterest or the little motivational posts that some of the pages I follow on Facebook post. But regardless, they are important enough for me to write them down and keep them at my desk. I acknowledge, this is a little odd. That's ok, because I also acknowledge, so am I. And I'm pretty OK with that!
I was looking back over these and I realized that when grouped together, they tell a good bit about my journey over the last six months, when I started really opening up, sharing who I am, and discovering a lot about myself in the process. I thought I'd post some of those that jump out at me. As these are random, there is no rhyme nor reason to the order. They're just little tidbits of my brain and my evolving life inspiration that I wanted to share. I've made some of my own notes on them where I think applicable
- "I wish I could share with the world how my brain works." - Interesting considering that I then decided to do just that!
- "If it doesn't exist, make it happen." - I'm not sure exactly what I was talking about here, but I love this!
- "Never look back and regret the things you didn't do. Take charge!"
- "Go after what you want with all you have." - I see a theme with these last two.
- "Don't waste time thinking about people who aren't thinking of you."
- "I must be a mermaid. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living" - Can't take credit for this unfortunately; something I saw on FB from one of the pages I follow. I believe it was the page Backwards Towards Light.
- "Your flaws make you more human." - Nobody's perfect. I wouldn't want them or me to be.
- "Everyone has fear. Some people are just brave enough to admit it." - This one goes out to my Mood Disorders FB group. They amaze me with their courage to open up. Thank you for your support!
- "Let go of the shoulds and should nots" - Meaning, you can only control yourself and your actions. Things won't always go as you think they should/not. Believe this was inspired from a guided meditation I did.
- "I wish I had more b*lls about this. Figuratively, of course." I'm not entirely sure what I was referring to, but it makes me laugh that I added the clarification.